Please apply online by clicking the link to your preferred event listed below. If you would rather apply by email or fax, please scroll to the bottom of this page to download an application form.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our 2020 events have been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit our new webinar offerings for recovery education opportunities.
Please note that your application will be considered incomplete if all required documentation is not received by the application deadline.
- Complete the self-assessment questions
- Proof of Virginia residency and economic need (for scholarship applicants only)
- Retreat-style Trainings Only - Two references that can attest to the applicant’s individual recovery and qualities in a group dynamic
Initial Application Deadline:
- Have basic application sent in and received by MHAV 30 days before program start date. Including:
- Contact Information
- References (if applicable)
- Dietary restrictions, allergies, physical limitations
- Completed answers to self-assessment questions
Final Application Deadline:
- Have all required information sent and received by MHAV 21 days before program start date. Including:
- Proof of residency
- Proof of income (SSI/SSDI, pay stub)
- Proof of public assistance (Medicaid, SNAP, TANF)
- Proof of severe financial hardship (excessive medical bills, unemployment, etc.)
- Reference questionnaires if applicable (Please follow up with your references to insure timely return of the questionnaire)
- Contact MHAV 14 days before the educational program date to cancel or confirm attendance.