2020 Recovery Education Schedule
April 23-24, 2020
May 4-7, 2020
MHAV recovery education, created to help individuals who have experienced challenges with trauma, mental health or addiction, incorporates recovery principles, encourages self-empowerment and models peer support practices. These educational programs, facilitated by trained peer recovery specialists, provide opportunities for self-reflection and positive social support. Participants have an opportunity to network with their peers, share their recovery experiences and learn from one another in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Virginia residents are eligible to receive a full scholarship, supported by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services, to any number of our educational programs. The scholarship covers tuition, materials and meals for the duration of the program. Information and the application for a scholarship is on the program application.
Please assess your readiness to fully participate in one of our educational programs by answering the following questions:
- Are you ready to travel on your own?
- Are you comfortable sharing a room with someone you do not know?
- Do you have the stamina to participate in a full day of classroom activities?
- Are you able to work collaboratively with others in small groups?
- Are there any issues that would prevent you from learning at this time?
- Are you familiar with recovery principles, and if so, how have you put them into practice in your own life?
- What are your personal strengths that you bring to this educational experience?