2019 Recovery Education Schedule
Application deadline has passed
2020 Recovery Education Schedule
MHAV recovery education, created to help individuals who have experienced challenges with trauma, mental health or addiction, incorporates recovery principles, encourages self-empowerment and models peer support practices. These educational programs, facilitated by trained peer recovery specialists, provide opportunities for self-reflection and positive social support. Participants have an opportunity to network with their peers, share their recovery experiences and learn from one another in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Virginia residents are eligible to receive a full scholarship, supported by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services, to any number of our educational programs. The scholarship covers tuition, materials and meals for the duration of the program. Information and the application for a scholarship is on the program application.
Please assess your readiness to fully participate in one of our educational programs by answering the following questions:
- Are you ready to travel on your own?
- Are you comfortable sharing a room with someone you do not know?
- Do you have the stamina to participate in a full day of classroom activities?
- Are you able to work collaboratively with others in small groups?
- Are there any issues that would prevent you from learning at this time?
- Are you familiar with recovery principles, and if so, how have you put them into practice in your own life?
- What are your personal strengths that you bring to this educational experience?