Probation Peer Support Coordinator (CPRS)
Mental Health America of Virginia is seeking to fill a 40 hour/week, 12 month position for a pilot project under contract with the Virginia Department of Corrections.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates a new program providing mental health peer recovery groups for offenders under probation/parole supervision in three State Probation Districts in Virginia. This is a pilot project to provide additional recovery support for individuals with mental health challenges who are under state probation supervision. The selected applicant will be responsible for implementing WRAP or similar group services in the 3 pilot sites, with each group directly facilitated by two part-time Peer Recovery Specialists local to the Probation District. Position reports to the MHAV Executive Director and is based in Richmond, VA.
- Model recovery principles and practices.
- Implement details and logistics of the pilot program according to the agency contract and under the supervision of the agency’s Executive Director.
- Provide daily coordination of the probation peer support program, including work schedules and reporting.
- Ensure that recovery groups in each location are co-facilitated by two MHAV Peer Recovery Specialists according to DOC and MHAV pilot program guidelines.
- Supervise/support 6 part-time local PRS facilitators in delivering wellness-focused curriculum (Wellness Recovery Action Plan – WRAP or equivalent) and support groups (2 facilitators based in each of the 3 pilot site locations). Provide in-person, phone and video conferencing contact.
- Serve as primary agency contact with Probation District Mental Health Clinicians (DMHC) for service feedback and adjustments. Collaborate with facilitators, MHAV staff and DOC personnel.
- Travel to Winchester, Portsmouth and Wytheville several times to meet with PRS facilitators, DMHCs, and Probation staff as needed.
- Maintain files, compile data reports, conduct ongoing research and evaluation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, with some travel required.
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist
- Supervisory experience
- WRAP certified or equivalent
- Experience with the criminal justice system
- Have own reliable transportation (mileage will be paid)
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team player and leader
- Proficient with computer, smart phone, and related technology
- Criminal history check required (prior criminal history is not a barrier to employment)
Mental Health America of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7, 2019.