MHAV Recovery Education
Request for Service Providers: MHAV Recovery Education Facilitators
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Varies, must have own transportation
Time Commitment: Weekday availability required
MHAV is seeking qualified Peer Recovery Specialists to co-facilitate one or more of the agency’s recovery education trainings in different parts of Virginia during 2017-2018. These trainings are generally 1-4 days in length at training facilities with lodging and meals provided. Facilitators will work as independent contractors, not as employees of MHAV, implementing services on behalf of MHAV. Interested parties must apply to become an MHAV approved facilitator, and if selected, will become one of the agency’s pool of qualified facilitators. Facilitators for each MHAV program throughout 2017-2018 will be selected from the approved pool of qualified contractors.
The MHAV Recovery Education Facilitator leads and facilitates group learning initiatives. The facilitator also educates on topics that directly pertain to Virginia’s mental health system and to mental health recovery.
The recovery education facilitator is present and available to assist the MHAV coordinator as well as any co-facilitators during the recovery education training.
This job requires professionalism, discretion and trustworthiness towards all colleagues involved in the training.
In addition, the recovery education facilitator:
- Conducts training according to the mission, vision, and standards set by MHAV;
- Remains physically onsite throughout the scheduled training times; actively present during assigned times, and also available after hours for the duration of the training schedule. This includes overnight, so accommodation and meals are provided;
- Serves as training site leader in the absence of MHAV staff or as assigned;
- Prepares and presents relevant materials, gathered from a curricula provided by MHAV as well as approved supplemental sources, and personal experience;
- Promotes MHAV’s recovery education programming among peers and stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned by the MHAV coordinator.
- Show enthusiasm and passion for mental health recovery
- Respects cultural differences and the individual needs of each group member
- Demonstrates clear communication, active listening, conflict resolution and relationship-building social skills
- Skilled at simultaneously managing group dynamics, event schedule and/or activity process
- Able to summarize chunks of information for clarity and understanding
Education and Training
- Peer Support Specialist Training (required)
- MHAV Consumer Empowerment Leadership Training (CELT) Graduate (required prior to assignment)
- Facilitation and group dynamics training (preferred)
To Apply: Facilitators should submit a letter of interest, resume and list of three references to email@example.com or mail to:
Mental Health America of Virginia
RE: Contract Facilitator
2008 Bremo Rd., Suite 101
Richmond, VA 23226